Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Away from the noise

To be alone with God, to be away from all the noise of our daily lives, the things that try to bring us down, the things that tire us out, the things that try to take our attention off Him, the things that we hear or see that test our faith and put thoughts of doubt in our minds. Away from the noise, to hear His voice. That’s where I want to be. And I can, whenever I pray I can be alone with Him, no matter where I am. As much noise as there might be around me, I can pray and meet with Him. Even if it seems like he isn’t right there, I know that He is. And even if it feels like no one is really listening, I KNOW He is.
In Jesus’ name.

7 comments:

Debbie Pryor said...

Great post on spending time with God. When we are alone with Him, it truly is awesome. We sure do miss you, and we can't wait to see you. We are praying for you!

Philana Jones said...

I love this post. To be able to have peace in the middle of the storm is so characteristic of our mighty God. To be able to be alone with Him, shows characteristics of us.

Sis. Sabrina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you had a great day. We miss you cant wait to have you down for the summer.
Love you Sabrina

Mark Pryor said...

Great post...BTW I heard somebody just had a birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mark Pryor said...

Oops, wasn't done yet...When r u headed to the OC? We look forward to seeing you soom.

Debbie Pryor said...

Happy Birthday Alaina. We know you will be coming to O.C. soon. Be sure to bring a sleeping bag because you and Philana will be going on the church camping trip in August. I know Philana is looking forward to this trip! LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :0)
We love and miss you in OC.
Hope you can come back soon.
Love you
Sis Rebecca